All About Triathlons sent us this report from the first in the Guildford Aquathlon Series:
Despite the rain, athletes had a fantastic time on Sunday morning, completing the first event in the Guildford Aquathlon Series at Surrey Sports Park which consisted of a 800m swim in the pool, followed by a rather muddy multi terrain 5km run. Well done to all those who took on the challenge!
Rob Mitchell, Events Manager at the Surrey Sports Park said: “We are excited to be part of this aquathlon series, which works towards a shared ambition to encourage local residents to become more active. I hope people enjoyed swimming in our state-of-the-art pool, and running through the University grounds.”
Men: Women: 1 – Graham Bell 1 – Katherine De Rome 2 – Luke Barrett 2 – Katie Wills 3 – Martin Shore 3 – Charmaine Wheeler
Thanks go to Surrey Sports Park for providing such a fantastic venue, and the event prizes.
The June and July Guildford Aquathlon Series events include a swim in the river Wey for which the National Trust have kindly provided permission. Participants will enjoy an open water swim in the river before running in Shalford Park. There will also be a fun children’s race.
More Like This:
- Race Report: Guildford Aquathlon Series, UK, 28th July 2013
- Race Report: Bowood Triathlon, Wiltshire on 30th June 2013
- Race-Calendar Newsletter | Week Ending 23rd June 2013
- Race Report: Bowood Triathlon Weekend, Wiltshire, 29th – 29th June 2014
- Race Reports: Surrey Half Marathon 2014, UK, 9th March 2014